Saturday, July 9, 2011

In Salinas

II ran into the Incredibly Reverend One at the Salinas BBQ. had a great pulled pork sandwich and while I was chomping I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Did you wash both your hands?” I heard the IRO ask. “Of course I did, of course” I told him but he just smirked.

“More human suffering has been avoided by the washing of hands than the kneeling in supplication” he told me. I got up to wash my hands but his hands on my shoulders pushed me back down in my chair. I thought I could smell alcohol on his breath but was afraid to ask him about it.

So quietly that I could barely hear him he asked me “what would you do if you fell into a freezing lake and were pulled out by the balls?”

I stammered that I didn’t know.

He was still whispering in my ear but now he was so loud the other 8 patrons could hear him. “I’d say ‘thank you Mr. Ball, thank you Mrs. Ball” and he ran out laughing.

The Incredibly Reverend One works in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember your comments are works of god so keep them clean! Or at least funny...